Monday, February 6, 2012

A few of my favorite things

As I'm sure you know by now, I love knitting.  However, you may not be familiar with my love of skating.  As with knitting, I had to try it multiple times before I was able to get the hang of it. 


However, I got the hang of skating (I was in my 20s) much earlier than knitting (my 30s, I'm nothing if not a late bloomer). 

It doesn't hurt that I met Hubbie while skating around the campus of the university we were both attending.  He was skating too (he was a roller hockey player).


This weekend I got the oppurtunity to go skating with Hubbie in Flushing Meadows Park (we are having seriously unseasonably warm weather).  There he is, the tall guy in the hoodie in front of the globe.

It was sunny and the park has lots of fresh new sidewalk, a boon for skaters.



I came home happy with the world (gotta love those endorphins).  Oh, and Pogona kept me nice and toasty all throughout. 


The shape is really interesting and it stays on your shoulders. 


Plus the color is fantastic.  Mad Tosh sure does amazing colors.


Now if only I could knit while I skate,
Joyce

2 comments:

Robin said...

As a transplanted NYer I loved the photo of Flushing Meadow Park. I remember when it was erected for the 1964 World's Fair. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

I am in the process of trying to learn how to knit a shawl. I really like your Omelet Shawl and wanted to learn how to knit it. I've also seen some more of your work on the KnitPicks.com website. Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful talent. (fabrihula@yahoo.com)