Monday, November 14, 2011

Blackrock Forest

This summer I helped give a workshop in Blackrock Forest. It's beautiful there.



 During my stay I got to climb to the top of Mount Misery. It was anything but miserable.


At the top of the 1300 foot hill, I found a small forest of scrub oaks and blueberry bushes. There is a small path leading through these, and while my horror loving self found it to be potentially deceptively beautiful, I am pleased to say that it was not.



The path I was on didn't try to kill me until much later when I was at the bottom of the hill. I was standing on a bolder by a creek when it jiggled and I fell off nearly banging my head on another bolder in the process.


I am happy to say that I made it back to camp safely. (I was hiking alone, not my smartest decision).

Next time I'll bring a buddy,
Joyce

No comments: