Friday, October 7, 2011

Oh, the glories of yarn

There has been some lovely yarn coming into the house lately. 

An order of Knit Picks yarn from Hubbie for my birthday.


Their new Stroll Glimmer yarn in the Frost colorway.  It's quite soft (like their regular Stroll yarns) but the sparkly is irresistable!  Except it's in a GiGi color.  It's all wrapped around itself because it is currently being used to make GiGi's Christmas present.


Their new special reserve Sugarbunny in the Wine colorway.  It's as soft as you would imagine for an angora/merino yarn.  I'm trying to find the perfect project (read: shawlette) for it.  I may have to design something special.  I was super excited when I found out that they'd used Deja Vu in the email advertisement for it because, well, you know how much I love love love angora, right. (However, I think they're trying to break my heart by finally selling an angora yarn but having it be limited time only.)


A skein of Gloss heavy worsted in Fedora for another shawlette for GiGi.


And last, but most certainly not least, four skeins of Bare Gloss lace for a large circular shawl I have planned.  I can't wait! 

And if that weren't enough, when T.K. and I stopped in at Knitty City this week, Pearl, the owner and queen of enablers, dragged us into the back of the store to show us a new yarn called Baah! that she'd just received from the dyer, Mira Cole.  It's a fingering weight 100% superwash Merino wool.  Super soft and fantastic colors.  T.K. was draw to the blues and cooler hues. (She and GiGi have a very similar color preferences.  I occasionally use one to help pick out yarn when buying some for the other.)  I, however, was drawn to the more vibrant warmer colors and went home with these:

Gold Rush - It was love at first sight.  I don't really wear yellow, but I think I can get over that for this yarn.


Pink Tourmaline- I couldn't stop petting it while I was in the store, so I brought it home for a little knitting love. 

So much lace to knit, so little time. 

I should probably get started,
Joyce

1 comment:

GiGi said...

Yes, yes, you should get started. I recommend making mine first ;D