Monday, August 22, 2011

Sunnyside

My lovely friend Athie is having a baby next month.  It's her first and I'm super excited for her.  So much so, in fact, that I'm knitting my first ever baby sweater for her baby.  (I would have made baby items for GiGi's kids, but I wasn't a knitter when they were born.  Those were tough times, I tell you, tough times.)


It's Sunnyside by Tavis Lavallee.  The pattern is well written and easy to follow.  Plus it comes in boy and girl versions.  I decided to make it short sleeved because I was running a little short on yarn.


I figured that three inch sleeves should be long enough.  Fingers crossed.

It's knit in Opulence in the Tupelo Honey colorway from the Woolen Rabbit.  The yarn is really luscious and makes me wish I had enough for a sweater for me. 

Prior to this the only baby item I'd ever knit was a Brain Slug hat for my niece's baby boy.

Brain Slug

Luckily she understands my twisted sense of humor,
Joyce

No comments: