Monday, June 27, 2011

Visiting GiGi

I'm at GiGi's this week.  We are camping which I enjoy (except the heat).  Given that I'm an entomologist, I actually like bugs so they don't bother me. (Except ticks and mosquitoes. I'm not that crazy!)
 
While we camp we do lots of athletic things like hike, swim, and bike.  (This is my visiting GiGi bike.  She stores it for me during the eleven months and two/three weeks I can't ride it.  She's cool like that!)


But, during our rest times (which really don't come often enough for me), we knit. This week I'm playing with shapes.  I have been experimenting with the side to side garter stitch shawl.


This one will be parallelogram shaped.  It's knit in Knit Picks Stroll Sock Bare that's been dyed in Strawberry Kool-aid. 


This one is an elongated half oval.  The yarn was handspun by Athie.  It's merino, silk and angora.  The colorway is called Rose Garden and it can be found at Crystal Creek Fibers.  I love love love this yarn.  It's soft and shimmery and just plain gorgeous.  (And I'm not just saying this because I'm trying to persuade Athie to give me more.  But if it helps...)

Is it time to knit yet,
Joyce

No comments: