Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Omelet Shawl

Woohoo! I'm in Knitty again.  It's been pretty hard to keep it to myself, but finally I can say, "Yay, I have a pattern in the Spring/Summer 2011 Knitty!"


I've named it Omelet.  I know the name is a bit weird, but what else could I call a bright yellow half circle? 


My model this time is Hubbie's lovely niece, Annie.  She was kind enough to step in when my first model fell through.  Thanks Annie!


I have to thank TK for helping me come up with ideas for the photoshoot.  I took the pictures in my mother-in-law's kitchen/dining room which is located 1300 miles from New York, but TK was with me in spirit.


I found Omelet to be pretty a tasty knit although I really had to pay attention to the pattern while knitting it.  It is definitely not movie knitting.

Man, all of those fruits and veggies are making me hungry,
Joyce

P.S. This is still my favorite picture from the photoshoot.  Maybe I should have told her that she's Annie, not Alice, and therefore, can't go through the looking glass but can content herself in the fact that the sun'll come out tomorrow.


3 comments:

Ilix said...

Looks like a great shawl! I will have to add it to my queue. Congrats on your pattern in Knitty!

Scmorris said...

Congratulations! It's beautiful, I cast on last night. I started chart B this morning and it's already getting comments on how beautiful it is. You are a talented designer!

Anonymous said...

Unbelievably gorgeous pattern! Just saw it on Knitty and even though I'm a novice lace knitter, I'm thinking this will be my intro into the scary-assed world of charts. Did I just say that?
I'll let you know how that works out;-)