Monday, March 28, 2011

Bunny hair love

I love angora.  I'd own a dozen angora bunnies, but I live in the city and am really allergic to rabbits.  When I was in my early twenties, I actually lost a job because of it.  (It's hard to groom rabbits when your nose is running around the room mocking you!)
Luckily for me, there are nice people out there that harvest bunny hair, wash it, dye it, and then sell it to me!  I love those people.  Hubbie understands and says he isn't jealous in the slightest.  I've chosen to believe him because it means lovely yarn.
I recently got to indulge in my angora love.  TK, Lana (one of the ladies from our knitting group), and I want to dinner in the village.  (Can I just say jalapeno hushpuppies with maple butter?  Soooooo yummy!)  (Please excuse me while I wipe the drool off of my keyboard.) Before dinner we went to Downtown Yarns and I came across Malabrigo Handspun Angora. (said with a sign worthy of a teenaged girl with her first crush)  I love love love love love it! 


So soft, so lovely, such small yardage.  It was only 40 yards and a bit pricey, but worth it.  It claimed to be a worsted weight, but it worked up bulky.  I paired it with some Classic Elite Lush and made it into a shawlette.


It's a small shawlette, but the perfect size for a scarf.  As soon as I have it photographed, I'll put up some pictures.

Did I mention that I'm in love?
Joyce

No comments: