Saturday, September 29, 2007

So much knitting, so little time

I went crazy last week and decided to join the Halloween Mystery Shawl KAL. It's a group that knits the same pattern at the same time. It's called a mystery shawl because the person knitting it receives a clue (part of the pattern) each week for six weeks and no one will know what the finished shawl looks like until, well, it's finished (except the designer, of course).
The first clue was released this morning. Yay! Here is my swatch.
I'm making it in Knit Pick's Alpaca Cloud in Smoke Heather. It's very soft and soooo pretty.

I finished the Sun Ray shawl. I think it turned out well. It's very toasty and so nice to cuddle into that I think I'm in love. Don't tell Hubbie!

Also, I finally finished my first hat (and immediately started a second). It's for my friend, Karen. Just to let her know I care.
It's Coronet from Knitty, knit in Lion Brand Cotton-Ease. I say finally finished, because I've been working on it for nearly a month. I knit the band easily but then ran into trouble with the body of the hat. Then Hubbie gave me an awesome present for my birthday. The Knitting Workshop DVD by Elizabeth Zimmermann. The first project she covers is a hat and she made it seem so simple, that I picked Karen's hat back up and was finished with it in no time at all. Hooray for EZ!

Now, I can't go without mentioning the joy of having pets (please note the sarcasm). So I stumble out of bed early Saturday morning, fully intending to return as soon as I see which cat was into what. And of course I can't find them anywhere, and since nothing seemed out of place, I stumble back to bed.
And discover just why it is that I can't find the cats. They were apparently in cahoots with the dogs to keep me up. Yawn... sadly, it worked. (Please forgive Buster, it IS a candid shot.)

No comments: